Friday, July 25, 2008

Close Encounters of the “Yes, Aliens Definitely Exist” Kind

So some NASA astronaut (he spent 9 hours and 17 minutes walking on the moon!) has claimed that aliens do exist and that the government has been trying to cover it up for over 60 years (article here). Apparently the aliens look similar to how they have been portrayed in the media – they are small-framed with large heads and large eyes (see picture below). I’m relieved because this is the least threatening looking alien variation that the media has brought us. ET would have been too scary, but if he had said that they looked like the aliens in Signs, I probably would have locked myself in my panic room (doesn’t everyone have one?) and never come out. Signs is the reason that I keep a glass of water by my bed and am always on the lookout for subtle changes in my walls lest an alien pop out and kill me where I stand.



Seriously, I would say that overall I’m kind of excited about this(?). I do find myself wondering is this is just viral marketing for the new X-Files movie though.

I want to believe.

No comments: